Marine Harvest is one of the world’s largest salmon producers, accounting for over 30% of global demand. A fully-integrated business with manufacturing facilities across Europe, Marine Harvest has recently made considerable investment in the UK with a state of the art manufacturing facility in Rosyth (near Edinburgh). This vacancy offers the right person an excellent opportunity to be part of a team at our superb facility with world class products.
Marine Harvest Consumer Products is a fast-paced, quality, exciting organisation with a genuinely unique offering in the UK – and we currently have exciting opportunities for the right individuals to join our engineering team.
Marine Harvest continues to make a considerable investment in our UK processing facility in Rosyth (near Edinburgh) and as a new site with plans to develop and grow, we are seeking enthusiastic people with a “can do” attitude to help embed a high performance culture and develop their career along with our business.
The successful candidate will have a relevant 3rd level qualification, ideally in a food production environment (with a strong understanding of relevant Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements); as well as the ability to interpret technical literature and engineering drawings to understand repairs of complex items of production and associated plant machinery. You will also possess demonstrable knowledge of the complete cycle of maintenance work from planning stage to implementation and to completion of tasks.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will take ownership and responsibility for the following:
Repairing and maintaining all plant machinery
- Tracking of all repairs and identify corrective action
- Improving efficiencies and machine reliability
- Monitoring and assessing all of external contract workers working on repairs
- Maintaining company regulation, safety, hygiene and quality procedures
- Carrying out all aspects of a multi-skilled planned maintenance programme
- Liaising and working closely with sub-contractors
To be considered for this role, you MUST be able to demonstrate:
- City and Guilds Qualification or equivalent
- That you are truly multi skilled – both mechanical and electrically-qualified
- FMCG Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude with drive, resilience and willingness to learn as well as adapt
- Proficient in reporting procedures
- Experience of carrying out all aspects of a multi-skilled planned maintenance programme
- Experience of working directly with sub-contractors
Experience / Qualifications in the following will also be an advantage:
- 17th Edition qualification
- PLC AND Fault finding knowledge
- Previous experience of supervision and coaching employees
To apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK, and able to travel to our site in Rosyth for work each day. This role will require working on a shift basis which includes weekend working, so your own transport will be necessary.