Group Manager Freshwater and closed production technology, Bergen Norway
Marine Harvest Group is Norway's largest food producer and the world's largest producer of farmed salmon. The company is present in 24 countries, has a total of 12 700 employees worldwide. Marine Harvest covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate. Marine Harvest is headquartered in Bergen, Norway.
The Global R&D and Technical Department is MH’s central Department for Research and Technical development. The department consists of 16 technical experts (6 holding a PhD) within the areas of biology, technology, nutrition, genetics and veterinary medicine. The department’s mission is to “seek improvements and provide solutions” where a core task is development of better practices through knowledge exchange, research, innovation and technical development. The department supports MH’s global operations in achieving goals related to commercial growth, operational performance and company reputation within the fields of fish health and welfare, feed and fish performance, food safety and product quality, environment and sustainability and technology.
Global R&D and Technical seeks:
Group Manager Freshwater and closed production technology
We are looking for a systematic and enthusiastic person who wants to play a key role in our company. Reporting to the Global Director R&D and Technical you will be responsible for identifying and developing best practice recommendations within the area of freshwater/ smolt-production. You will lead R&D and innovation projects within closed/semi- closed production systems and coordinate construction projects within freshwater/RAS.
- University degree within aquaculture or other relevant areas (Master of Science/ PhD)
- In-dept knowledge and experience from salmon farming within RAS, freshwater production and/or closed production systems
- Previous involvement in R&D is beneficial
- Systematic and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, passionate and self-motivated
- High work capacity and implementation capability
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English and preferably Norwegian
- Foster development of best operational practices and best technology for smolt, post-smolt and other closed production systems.
- Stay on top of knowledge and latest research, development and innovations within freshwater and closed production systems.
- Run and coordinate research, development and innovation projects
- Develop knowledge into practical recommendations for our operations
- Lead a global competency team within freshwater-/closed production and drive knowledge transfer to and between our operating units
- Support operational units in optimization processes, planning and execution of expansions or new installations (project basis).
- Follow up performance parameters and KPIs related to freshwater and closed production systems
What we can offer:
- Competitive benefits and salary.
- Interesting opportunities and projects in an international environment.
- You will be part of a passionate and dedicated team that drives innovation and change.
- The position is based at the head office in Bergen
Willingness to travel is a pre-requisite.
For further information contact the Global Director R&D and Technical, Øyvind Oaland Tel. +47 957 00 152.
Please apply before 7 June 2016 at www.marineharvest.com/people
All enquiries and applications will be treated in confidence.