Engineering Technicians (Feed Plant)
Feed Plant, Kyleakin
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will open in the autumn of 2018 and will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Engineers to ensure the continued smooth running of plant and to support production targets. Successful candidates will have experience working with either mechanical systems, electrical systems or both.
Successful candidates will be required to work a 40-hour week, normally during the working day though later shifts and on call work will also be required. We are recruiting in two key phases in 2018 with start dates in August and October.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are carried out safely observing any risk assessments.
- Always follow site policies and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Ensure that the Maintenance management system is kept up to date and faults are entered into the system.
- Ensure accurate reporting of maintenance, equipment status, parts/consumables used and fault reports
- Use expertise and training to support the resolution of process issues as they arise
- Adhere to Personal Development Plan as confirmed with Engineering Manager
- Be an ambassador for Marine Harvest Kyleakin within the local community and beyond
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The right attitude and mindset supporting our vision and values
- Experience in production, manufacturing, maintenance or servicing environments such as oil & gas, marine, construction plant or automotive industries
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Good communicator written and orally
- Experience working with asset/maintenance management software, controlled work permit systems and following procedures
- BTEC or City and Guild trained / apprenticeship or equivalent
- Higher education in electrical or mechanical engineering fields to HNC or HND level desirable.
- Must have proven (evidence of qualifications) training for hands on, mechanical/electrical servicing/diagnosis
- Proficient computer skills (Experience of Microsoft applications minimum)
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental protocols and experience undertaking risk assessments and exercising risk reduction measures
Engineering Technicians will attract a very competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company pension. A full clean driving licence is desirable.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.