Logistics Team Leader
We are looking for somebody who will relish the opportunity to ‘own’ this role and demonstrate their full potential to aid the business in a positive direction.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervise all stages of the Pick, Pack & Dispatch Process.
- Supervise the picking and packing team to ensure the fulfilment of deadlines. Continuous improvement of quality is deemed to be essential to this task.
- Ensure all stock product is counted, checked and recorded on internal stock control system.
- Ensure accurate recording and labelling for all finished product received.
- Security and rotation for all finished goods stock.
- Maintain effective stock management system and reporting.
- Maintain inventory by conducting weekly / monthly physical counts; reporting & reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Maintain efficient warehousing systems including a clean, well maintained area at all times.
- Load, move, stack, and stage finished goods using different types of MHE.
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- General Supervision of the warehouse team including; training, Development, holidays and cover, overtime reporting.
- Effective supervision of staff, including absence management, to ensure that the level of service provided meets requirements of the company.
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns which require PPM or service repair.
- Attend daily or weekly meetings and present information as required.
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior Management Team.
This list is non-exhaustive
We are seeking someone who has the following:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Good problem solver and be able to think on their feet.
- Must have lead a team of at least 8 people.
- The ability to make an impact and drive change.
- Used electric pallet trucks.
- MRP and stock taking experience.
- Worked in a fast moving chilled environment.
Ideally, you’ll have a demonstrable track record of leading and delivering high level performance through good people management, and have a good working knowledge of production processes and “best practice”.
Marine Harvest is the world's leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day, our 13 233 employees in 24 countries produce 6.2 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe.
Marine Harvest covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Marine Harvest is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.