Technical Services Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Rosyth Marine Harvest VAP UK is a fast-paced, growing and quality organisation with a genuinely unique offering in the UK – and we currently have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our Technical team as a Technical Services Manager.
The Technical Service Manager reports to the Head of Technical and Development and works closely with the Technical Manager, managing and mentoring a small Technical Service Team.
The main remit of the role will be to take leadership in delivering a professional, credible and timely service to the business and our customers, in respect of managing internal and external systems, product safety, BRC compliance and other compliance policy records for differing standards and documents to ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement of standards.
Creating and maintaining up-to-date Customer Specifications, ensuring they are accurate and available, both in customer systems and our own internal systems
All aspects of Document Control for the Technical function (and all related departments) within the business
Audit Compliance – Ensure compliance of all audits external and internal.
Raw Material approval - maintenance of the Raw Material Database; ensuring integrity, accuracy and that it is up-to-date. Understanding of safety steps within a product ingredient
Work closely with the Development Team to prepare product safety reports and give direction on policies and procedures to produce a safe product
Coordination of, investigation into and response to Consumer Complaints; as well as maintaining management information to monitor trends and identify and address recurring issues
Maintaining up to date records in the Quality Attributes System
Aid and support the Technical Manager in all areas
• Third-level qualification (diploma or degree) in Food Science or relevant subject would be advantageous
• A thorough understanding of legislation and business systems to ensure Food Safety for the consumer is essential
• Knowledge of Customer COPS and databases
• Attention to detail
• Good Organisation skills
• Willingness to support.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to situations
• Good communication skills
• Identification of issues and solving of problems.
• Work effectively under pressure
• Experience in a similar role gained in food manufacturing (FMCG an advantage) preferably with a major retail customer
• Good knowledge of relevant IT systems