We are searching for a
The GIS Specialist is an advanced GIS position requiring knowledge of enterprise geodatabase architecture, spatial data modeling, data normalization and database systems that include SQL Server & ArcGIS Server. This role requires the ability to use web programming techniques, languages & programming tools, create & maintain web mapping sites including customized tools &/or workflow reports and assist with the development & implementation of a local corporate GIS program and maintain accurate GIS program documentation.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in GIS from a recognized & accredited institution.
- A degree in geography (or a related field in Information Technology) is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training & experience may be considered.
- A minimum 5 years experience & working knowledge with the Esri suite
of products including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online,
Collector for ArcGIS, ArcScene, FME & Esri’s web app builder is
required. These skills are necessary for:
- Creating and/or updating maps using ESRI software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise (server)).
- Creating cartographic production, data compilation/editing/creation, geodatabase design & creation, GIS analysis, geoprocessing, georeferencing, data conversion & metadata implementation.
- Editing, revising, updating & correcting existing ESRI digital maps. Maintaining quality control & inspecting final compositions to ensure completeness & accuracy.
- Creating maps to publish to ArcGIS Server and/or ArcGIS Online for use in Mobile & Internet based GIS.
- Advanced editing, geoprocessing, manipulating, querying & summarizing of data.
- Knowledge of industry mapping standards, requirements & principles.
- Proficient with MS Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint) & SharePoint.
- Strong written & oral communication for understanding stakeholder & corporate needs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team-player, have an attention to detail, & be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Have a customer service oriented disposition. Able to establish & maintain courteous, tactful, diplomatic working relationships with other employees & stakeholders.
- Be forward thinking in an often rapidly changing environment with a focus on improving internal processes & data access through web mapping.
- Work with consultants from the conception to operational stage in a project management capacity.
- Be able to provide technical guidance & assistance to other staff in a timely manner.
Closing Date: 24th September, 2018
To be considered for upcoming opportunities with a progressive, growth-oriented company, please submit your resume, transcript & cover letter online at http://marineharvest.ca/people/employment-postings/