Nightshift Maintenance Technician
From £30,825 per annum plus nightshift allowance
Our processing activities take place in their own specialized facilities around the world. In 2015, after a full reconstruction of the facility, we started production at our state-of the-art plant in Rosyth, Fife. Here we carry out value-added processing, producing both fresh and smoked salmon for our consumers.
Reporting to the Production Support Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing the best possible support to engineering customers in production. The primary purpose of the role is to provide initial responses to emergent equipment breakdowns and system defects or issues within the production areas.
Key responsibilities include:
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
• Responding to breakdowns and system defects, ensuring safety is always prioritised
• Identifying performance issues, carrying out diagnostics, servicing and maintaining equipment, machinery and systems
• Monitoring and assessing all of external contract workers working on repairs
• Compiling end of shift reports, time usage reports and defect reports
• Identifying and recommending improvements to machine reliability and efficiency
• Maintaining company regulation, safety, hygiene and quality procedures
• Contribute towards departmental continuous improvement through observation, process development and practical assistance
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
• That you are truly multi skilled – both mechanical and electrically-qualified
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A positive attitude with drive, resilience and willingness to learn as well as adapt
• Strong influencing skills
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Team orientated
Experience / Qualifications in the following will also be an advantage:
• Minimum SVQ/NVQ level 3 qualified in relevant engineering discipline
• Fault finding knowledge
• FMCG experience to apply for a role with us.
The successful candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced factory environment on constant nightshift from 10pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
To apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK and able to travel to our site in Rosyth for work each day.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.