Mowi Fish Feed is one of the newest divisions within Mowi. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, Mowi Fish Feed has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Mowi Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faroes and in Norway.
We are seeking personnel to join the supply chain team as logistics operators. The role covers a range of operational tasks from intake/receipt of all raw materials for dry and liquid products, in both bulk and bag form, from a range of vessels and vehicles right through the supply chain to the loading and despatch of finished product bags; with an array of tasks in between. Mowi Kyleakin will operate a 12hour day and night shift as part of a 5crew system once fully operational, with day time working and training in the lead up to this. We are completing recruitment of logistics roles with start dates in March.
- Intake, sampling and processing of all Raw Materials in dry and liquid form, for both bulk and bag deliveries.
- Ensure materials are stored and filled correctly and in good time to ensure continuous running of production lines.
- Bag out finished product into a range of bag sizes; stack and store safely within appropriate areas of the warehouse whilst maintaining accurate records of stored volumes.
- Process, store and load all Finished Product bags to a range of vessels and vehicles in a timely and efficient way using a range of MHE including forklift and telehandler to ensure all order requirements are met.
- Create, maintain and develop a safe working environment for all, continuously improving routines and safe systems of work.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills. Previous experience with forklifts preferred, but full training will be provided. A good level of numerical skill is required to interpret data for analysis. The successful candidate should have a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team. Documents will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK and security checks may be carried out.
In return, we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, Occupation Health Support and an extensive training programme. We welcome enquiries from everyone including previous applicants and value diversity in our workforce. However, living locally would be advantageous.
We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.