INNOVATION MANAGER WESTERN EUROPE
You are responsible for developing and fostering the innovation process, by coordinating innovation activities and creating an innovation roadmap in accordance with Mowi strategy and business (marketing) strategy. This position will drive prioritization within new and existing spaces, identify technical needs, partner internally and externally to create clear platform roadmaps to meet growth expectations.
What are your responsabilities?
- Responsible for Innovation in the Brand activities
- Propose new products in line with the Mowi objectives in the field of added value & margin (new profitable business).
- Test and analyse technical feasibility in production (ingredients, production, packaging …).
- Initiating pro-active developments via idea generation techniques etc. & progress these projects in a PM-way
- Taking responsibility in first productions, test runs and works in close collaboration with production teams.
- Organize brainstorming sessions with other departments for long term development.
- Responsible for Innovation of new production processes in case this is a condition to realize new business in cooperation with other departments or plants.
- Provide and ensure general and specific (food) knowledge
- Search for new developments and trends in the field of nutrition (literature, seminars, exhibitions, ...)
- In line with the projects and strategy of Mowi gather sufficient knowledge of the raw materials (fish, non-fish) on which is worked at Group level.
- Prepare and establish specifications of new products and assisting QA regarding maintenance of existing specifications.
- When using new raw materials, communicate with and provide feedback to purchase about quality of the product and certification of the new supplier if necessary.
- Visit different production sites related to the ongoing developments, tests, etc.
- Maintaining contacts (phone, email, leader system) within and across the Mowi BUs
- Liaising with (potential) suppliers regardingnew developments and opportunities. Set up tests together both at product and process level.
- Consult with and advise procurement managers of packaging and ingredients. Work closely with these procurement managers and communication & marketing officer on packaging and ingredient related projects.
- Create great products. Manage all aspects of product development from conception through market introduction. You’ll be managing multiple products at various stages of development
- Market analysis. Market Proficiency: Proactively research and understand the latest market and competition trends dynamics, translate insights to iteratively create new product platforms.
- Business planning. Create business cases in an entrepreneurial way that our corporation can support and use project management techniques to define scope, planning and deliverables.
- Customer Experience: Responsible for engaging with customers for quick prototype testing in order to better understand needs, expectations, experience using our products
- Act as an Ambassador for the brand and innovation in general through training and education on all innovative products
This technical leadership role requires a strong blend of business acumen, understanding of consumer insights and research, talent development & management, project management skills, product design vision, financial savvy, effective communication skills, and understanding and application of innovation process. This position offers the opportunity to inspire and lead a diverse group of cross-functional team members to contribute & shape initiatives as business owners.