Assistant Managers - Various Hatcheries
We have Assistant Manager opportunities available in the Freshwater and Broodstock Departments at our Glacial Creek, Ocean Falls, Freshwater Farms and Dalrymple sites. The Assistant Manager will assist the Manager in producing a top-quality product in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate for each site will support the goal of providing a safe, ethical and productive work environment for staff that meets or exceeds Mowi standards in the areas of environmental sustainability and health and safety.
- Strong commitment to fostering a proactive culture of safety.
- Grade 12 plus 3+ years’ experience in salmon farming or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Post-secondary aquaculture certificate or diploma preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing leadership to a team of staff and supporting all aspects of personnel management.
- Good critical thinking abilities, decision-making abilities and sound judgment.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for production.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (i.e. approachable, empathetic) including the ability to develop effective relationships and successfully resolve conflict situations.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Aquafarmer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases) and experience in producing accurate and timely reports.
- Highly motivated, positive outlook and positive attitude towards work.
Closing Date: April 30th 2019
To be considered for these opportunities, please submit a letter of intent and resume (indicate the preferred site in the letter) on http://mowicanadawest.ca/people/employment-postings/